Sunday, February 19, 2012

Whoaaaaaaaa


Holy Batman! It's been FOREVER since I have blogged. I usually just use my DailyMile account to post about my running and Facebook. But, I think I will start using this more often. I forgot about you blog :(

So much has happened since I last made a blog. I have had surgery on my knee...I've ran several more half marathons...ANDDDDDDDDDDDDD a full marathon! I've also started practicing hot yoga now for about 10 months......aaaaaaaaaahhhh......another amazing experience that I definitely could write about!

Here is a pic from our most recent race. We did the Mercedes Half Marathon in Birmingham Alabama on February 12, 2012. This was the coldest weather we have EVER ran in....temps started out at 22 degrees with a wind chill of 13 -------------> Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!! We dressed in layers and embraced it with pride...and couple PR'd it at 1:57:47 :) I don't think there is much weather we won't/can't run in!! We are ROCKSTARS!! LOL


Today, we did a long run of 10 miles. Our run started at our front door and we went through 3 neighborhoods and even a tunnel under a major road in the city! Pretty Awesome!! The temps were very mild, and the wind was relentless...geesh, 15 mph head winds at times......RELENTLESS I SAY!! We have another half marathon in 2 weeks. We are running the Rock n Roll Half in New Orleans. Lots of friends are going as well, should be a fabulous time.

I vow to blog more....now, I must whip up a tasty protein shake for dinner!!! Yum Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers