Wednesday, June 23, 2010

100 degrees!

I love running in the heat. I love it love it love it. But, it's something I have to ease into. I just can't go outside and bust out a 4 mile run in 100 degree weather without doing short runs first. SO today, it was 101 on my car thermometer and I knew it was going to be tough, but it is something I have to tackle. So, I decided to superhydrate all day long at work to prep for this run outside. Had a pretty good day at work, left on time, came home to change and then drove over to the local park. I stretched out pretty good and off I went. The weather was tolerable. I was breathing great, no cramps , no knee pain and there was a hot breeze every now and then never. It took me longer to get home from work, get changed and to drive over to the local park than I expected. I completed 4 miles in 38 minutes which ended up being a good start for long runs in this massive heat! I wanted to do 5, but close to 4 miles, I started to develop a cramp in my lower right quadrant. Instead of fighting through the cramp as I normally do, I was not going to chance it. I had done 4 good solid miles in this heat, and I was happy. Not to mention, my chest is still sore from yesterday after doing chest/bi's on the weights. I think it was the cable crossovers that have me sore :)
Running with sore chest muscles is not alot of fun either. But, I am happy with today's 4 mile run in the heat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers