Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Today on the Treadmill

Today was a run day, obviously, since I am writing this post. However, on monday, wednesday and friday's I do full body workouts with weights, a semi circuit training. I also do the Arc trainer on these days too for about 30 mins. This seems to be working well. So, on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday's I usually run. Today, I went to the gym to run on the treadmill. I like to run outside, but I am not a fan of running in the neighborhood when Mike is not at home. Not that my neighborhood is bad, however, it is STILL Montgomery. Running on the treadmill is not favored by many. For various reasons I have heard over and over again. The number 1 reason being, BOREDOM. Others being, the treadmill does the work for you, the treadmill hurts my knees or gives me shin splints, or I like to look at the great outdoors to on and on and on. I take what I can get. The treadmill is not boring to me AT ALL. I find it quite amusing. I am a people watcher, and I get quality time people watching while I run on the treadmill. I even laugh out loud sometimes!! :) As for it doing 90% of the work for you and you get better training on the ground, that is a bunch of BS! If you are moving and sweating, you are getting the job done. I did over 50% of my half marathon training on a treadmill, and I did pretty damn good for my first half marathon. So, enough on my treadmill soapbox. I set out to run 45 minutes at a slow and easy pace....Here again, working on endurance. I completed 5 miles in 44:50. I felt great, was very sweaty and the Brooks running shoes seemed to do fine for me on the treadmill. I missed yesterday's workout altogether because it was Memorial Day and I had to work. Not to mention, we went out to dinner with some of our neighbors. I am ready to hit the weights tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers