Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's been a while!!!

WoW! I haven't blogged in 21 days! Holy Smokes! Although, I have not posted any recent blogs, I'm still running, and pretty regular too. I guess I am not good at the blog thing yet, and I am a facebook addict, but who isn't this day and time.

SO, on to more important things, like a few of my recent runs. This past weekend, we went to Augusta (my hometown) for a wedding. And thanks to FACEBOOK, an organization called The Augusta Market posted something in reference to a 3, 5 and 8 mile run on saturday morning. Hmmmmmm. Hmmmmmm. Most of my family does not get up and about until, well, lunch time. And in order for me to continue my dedication, prepare for my half marathon, I needed to get a good long run in since sunday would be a travel day back to Montgomery. So, after 1 or 2 posts, I got the answers I needed. Be at The Augusta Market at 0700, and run starts at 0730. Now, remembering, I am on currently on CST, which meant, I would be up and moving am hour early. Regardless, I was going to do this run no matter what. The bonus part being, they marketed the 7-8 mile run as a "Two State Loop Run". Well being from Augusta, and it starting at the riverfront, I knew, that it would cross over into South Carolina since Augusta is right on the savannah river. All I could think about is, "How cool would it be to run in 2 states in the same run?" Freaking Awesome. It does not take much to excite me.
So, I show up at 0700 and didn't see any people of the "like". So after a few minutes of walking around, a few guys got out of their car and they were of "the like". I introduced myself and they welcomed me with open arms. Very very friendly bunch of people. And I did meet up with an ole pal from highschool who is also my friend on FACEBOOK. She even said to me, that she knew I was coming into town, and wasn't sure if I would be able to come run, but she said she was glad I made it.
The run was 7 miles, it was not too hot, and most of the run was in shady areas. I am so glad that I found out about this little adventure. It was great to get out and run with new people and see new scenery. For some reason, I thought the long route was 8 miles, and I was mentally prepared for 8, but we missed a turn somewhere along the way and the course ended up being 7 miles....Fine by me!! If I can run 7, I can run 8!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers